Friday, April 15, 2011

General Conference (p.s. that was 2 weeks ago), and Yesterday

General conference seems so far away, but really it was just two weeks ago. Does the first part of the title sound familiar to you? The last time you hard it was at the 2010 October General Conference. This time it's the 2011 April General Conference. I only saw the first session because I had to go to a funeral for the rest of Saturday, and Sunday we were scattering the ashes at Horse Tail Falls and at Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach. So back to conference, I liked all the talks. I had a family home evening 2 weeks later, so this Monday, about prophets and apostles, everyone really enjoyed it. That weekend was super eventful, but not as eventful as yesterday.


Yesterday a kid had a seizure during choir, right then I was being an office aide, and the phones were going crazy " Can I have Sherry please" " I need to speak to Sherry" and all sort of variations of that question. And then there was a kid who saw it happen and almost had seizure himself, thank goodness that didn't happen to him, all he did was just extremely hyperventilate. But it was crazy, people were having conversations like:"Where's the mom?" " She's on her way" " Should we call 911?" " I don't know." " Is security there?" In the end the girl was lying down on the choir room floor sleeping, though I don't know what happened to the boy that hyperventilated. Yep, yesterday was exhausting, but today is a relax sick day. And I really hope your day isn't exhausting either.

1 comment:

motherof8 said...

Wow! A little too much excitement. Was the teacher there when the student had the seizure? I wonder if this was something new or if she has a disorder. If she has a sickness, the school should be aware and teachers should be briefed on what to do. All I know is keep them from getting hurt - falling or hitting something.

She's ok, now, right?